WHat is an ABTS?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
holy crap I am so friggin hungry right now!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_17.gif

LOL, well I had alot of help from Ron on these. I split them and removed all veins and seeds. Occasionally we ran across one that was hotter than others. Missed seed, maybe didn't scrape the vein as well ?? Not sure.
At best I would call them mild hot and even that heat left rather quickly. I had even added a splash of Chipolte Tobasco to the Cream Cheese along with the 3 cheese taco mix which has alittle heat. As they say, the longer they smoke the less heat seems to be so.

LOL, that was my test run ABT's. I wasn't sure what I was getting into, so tried these four the night before when I smoked up the Prime Rib bones.
glad I did
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Flash those look darn good-yup a-while in the smoker and less hotter they become-good job.

I smoke these about 5 to 51/2 hours at 200 to 225 on a alum pan or foil hickory usally make 75 to 100 at a time takes a 6 pack to cook and plenty more after there done
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

ABT'S are one of our favorite things to smoke on the smoker, besides pig candy
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
here are some photos of the last batch I did. (50 of them..) I core out the jalapenos with the chile twister, makes life alot easier!
314e4cb6_vbattach16217.jpg

3f797ba3_vbattach16216.jpg

1c8c5431_vbattach16215.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky