What does everyone think of Sam's club meats?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Sams Club in Minnesota near my house is a great place. The Boston Pork butts are excellent. I also like their Spare and loin pork ribs. Briskets, sirlion and rib roasts all are top quality. I always buy my meat at Sams and have for years now. Very pleased at the Minnesota locations. All stores are surely different from state to state...
grilling_smilie.gif

I have bought meat from two Sam's locations and from the first one my pork butts were bad. From the second one I bought meat for a KCBS event. And two packs out of four were bad. Luckily my bro had more meat. Never again will I BUY MEAT AT SAM'S!!! That was in Albuquerque.

I have bought meat from two Sam's locations and from the first one my pork butts were bad. From the second one I bought meat for a KCBS event. And two packs out of four were bad. Luckily my bro had more meat. Never again will I BUY MEAT AT SAM'S!!! That was in Albuquerque.

How do you mean "bad"? If you're referring to the sulphur "rotten egg" smell, that's actually a fairly common side effect of cryovac packed meats. A good rinse and letting it air on the counter for 5 minutes will usually take care of it.

I have bought several Boston butts and spareribs from Sam's, and a brisket from Walmart. Been happy with all of them.

I've had really good luck with their competition (Costco) the ribs and shoulders I've gotten there have all been tasty. Haven't gotten a brisket yet but I intend to once my smoker is done being built and I do a couple practice runs with some chickens or a shoulder

We buy a lot of meat from Sam's , here in AZ  it is hard to get good beef ! I am from Iowa where it was hard to buy bad beef and have found Sam's and Costco sell the best Beef . Only buy whole bags of meat from Walmart our local store the Butchers couldn't cut a steak to save their lives . I do buy whole Briskets there.

Buy quite a bit of meat at the Sam's in Tulsa, OK, especially pork butts, briskets, and ribs.

I've never had an issue with anything I've gotten there. I prefer buying from my local Reasor's but they just can't match price with Sam's most of the time.

Was at Sam's today - don't go too often unless I'm in the area. Was hoping too buy baby backs but the 3 pack ribs were 50 cents more a lb than the ones I can buy at Walmart so I passed.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky