What do you do with the meat Juice.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 11, 2010
SW Pennsylvania
I have a cookshack smokette which I use most of the time, it has a small drain hole in the bottom, I slide a 9x13 cake pan under the unit to catch the stuff that cooks out. For my pork I cool and then boil some the gelatinase stuff after removing the solidified grease, and add some back to my pork.

So what do all of you do with all the liquid that cooks out and ends up in the drain pan, I used to live out in the middle of nowhere so i would take it to the woods and empty and the critters would enjoy it. But I can't do that any longer where I have moved to.

thanks

dave

I put mine in the fridge then scrape off the layer of fat then pour the juice back over the pulled meat.

No drain pan here, but any juice left over when opening up a hunk of meat for pulling, gets added right back to the pulled meat.

60b295bc_SevenBoneChuck048.jpg

0c5b25d5_SevenBoneChuck049.jpg

So what do all of you do with all the liquid that cooks out and ends up in the drain pan, I used to live out in the middle of nowhere so i would take it to the woods and empty and the critters would enjoy it. But I can't do that any longer where I have moved to.
I drain it and pour in my burn barrel, It makes burning boxes smell real good 
biggrin.gif

If I do say 30lb of butts which is about all I can get in the little smoker, I will get close to a whole pan full of drippings, I do skim the fat and use boil some of the stock and ad back into the meat, but there is far to much to add back in, and I now have no where to actually dump or dispose of it, other than trying to put it in a bag and freezing for in the trash.

Flash if that was all the liquid I got out of something I would have never had a need to ask this question, just saying, your picture is a no brainer.

Raptor, no burning barrel hear, or I would do that, it would no doubt make the neighbors inquisitive.

Bearcarver taught me to freeze it in ice cube trays, put in zip bags, and add to soups, gravies etc for flavor.

In the Restaurant Biz left over stock or de-fatted pan juices, are boiled down, reduced to an almost syrupy thickness. One Gallon cooked down to One Cup, be careful to reduce the heat to a simmer at about the One Quart point so it doesn't get away from you and burn. This "Glace" will set up like, very dense Jello when cold. Cut into 1 inch cubes bag and freeze for up to a year. Making SOUP toss a couple chunks in...Making BBQ Sauce toss a couple chunks in...Making MEATLOAF defrost and add a couple...FATTIES add...GRAVY add...MEATBALLS add...TOMATO SAUCE add...MELT OVER STEAK for incredable AU JUS! The list goes on, including STUFFED CABBAGE and anything that would benefit from some meaty goodness, BAKED BEANS and COLLARD GREENS go over the top with the addition of that Smokey Glace richness. The FAT you remove will fry up the best HOME FRIED POTATOES your breakfast has ever seen, thin sliced Red Potatoes, Onions, Hot or Sweet Peppers and S & P...YUM!!! Throw in some Pulled Pork and top with Fried or Poached Eggs...and POOF!... BEST HASH in SWPA!...I make the BEST in CENTRAL PA!!!
yahoo.gif
....JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky