What A-Maze-N-Smoker To Get For Cold Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got my butane torch and a refill canister at Menards for pretty cheap. They have propane torches there as well. I have one I use for the forth of July that I got there.

I'm confused. I just got a am pellet 5x8
And I want to cold smoke some samon
But I read 50 articals on it and I got everything from You gotta freeze in 1 month to kill the bacterial or brine in salt and sugar 12 hours in fridge to don't do it , the bacterial content is deadly if it goes above 70 while smoking
So what's the truth . Wait till the dead of winter or just forget it ??

I have never cold smoked Salmon so I am not sure how that works. I did some steaks a few weeks ago. I put them on for about 90 minutes and had the water pan full of ice to keep the smoker cool. I would think that salmon would be the same. Just don;t leave it on the cold smoker for a long time. I know with most meats after 4 hours is when things start getting bad for you. Once again I am not a fish expert.

Is this lox that you are attempting to cold smoke?   Other than lox, I have never cold smoked Salmon.  I typically warm or depending on how it is being defined, hot smoke it.   What is your recipe for the brine (no details, just some basic info)  Dry, Wet?   How long in the brine?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky