What’s Going On!! This Is Georgia!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

weedeater

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 26, 2012
Northwest Georgia
9FD6F418-8A11-4713-8082-F78E32E0282C.jpeg
It’s been a long day here in GA. This is my deck with the flurries to a “Trace” of snow they were talking about at 11pm last night. This was midday with more coming. Power back on for the moment. Been out off and on all day.

Reactions: shoebe
We got 5 or 6 inches here in Roswell. Took my 2 sons out in my 4 wheel drive and introduced them to donuts on icy parking lots.

Reactions: shoebe
We're supposed to get "less than an inch" today.

When the forecaster said that, Linda rolled over and said "Are they talking about you, Honey?"

It's coming this way too, no snow, but it's raining right now & going to get into the low 40's at night for a few days.
I might have to turn the heat on for a couple of hours!
Al

No real snow to speak of up my way, but it is cold high's in the mid 30's. Currently 28 degrees.

Chris

A9C5D76C-47BE-4BD6-98A2-05964E466B0B.jpeg
Been kind of busy this morning. Power out again during the night. Came back on about 10 this morning. Started out to go check on ma-in-law couple miles up the road. Had to turn around and go back to get the chain saw. Had to cut our way out.

Snowing like Crazy here, but they're only predicting 2-3".
Looks Pretty right now.

I saw they were saying the South was supposed to get snow before the NorthEast. Looks like the got that one right.

Bear

Snowing like Crazy here, but they're only predicting 2-3".
Looks Pretty right now.

I saw they were saying the South was supposed to get snow before the NorthEast. Looks like the got that one right.

Bear
Bear we were originally scheduled to get only a dusting. It was supposed to go below us. We got 8 inches at my house yesterday and another 2 inches overnight. Really wet snow that is still just covering all the pine trees with more weight than they can bear. Just about the prettiest snow I have ever seen but it is raging havoc down here.

Bear we were originally scheduled to get only a dusting. It was supposed to go below us. We got 8 inches at my house yesterday and another 2 inches overnight. Really wet snow that is still just covering all the pine trees with more weight than they can bear. Just about the prettiest snow I have ever seen but it is raging havoc down here.

You should be fine with the Temp going up today.

A few years ago we lost power for 6 days when we got 17" in October, before the leaves dropped off the trees. The snow stuck to all the leaves & it was like Vietnam here, because I live in the middle of a wooded area. Trees & Limbs falling all day & night!! Took the power company 5 days to get to my road. My Son had to drive through 5 towns before he got to a gas station that had power, so he could get us more gas for our Generators. What a Week that was. You aren't supposed to get 17" of snow in October!!!
I know I froze my butt off in a Tent in Georgia in 1968, but it didn't snow then. LOL

Bear

IMG_20171209_073836.jpg

This was my back yard Saturday Morning. Still smoked 35# of pork butt and 3 racks of baby backs! 4" of snow doesn't stop my smoking addiction!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Today we're due for "isolated snow showers" because when the north wind blows over the Great Lakes, they billow off moisture which becomes snow. Here's our regional radar, you can see fingers of snow squalls brewing over Lake Michigan, headed southeast. Some of them can reach beyond Columbus, in the red circle. They can have the "chaining" effect like thunderstorms, so one area might be dry and a few miles away they get several inches of snow.
radar.png

Yup, Western PA gets that "Lake Effect" Crap too, from Lake Erie.

Makes me glad we're 300 miles East of that stuff.

Bear

Sitting drinking my coffee and reading this at 4 AM as I get ready to go plow parking lots for the second time in 3 days....
Stay safe everyone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky