Well, here goes my first all nighter... Done now w/ Q-view.

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ufboostedgator, Apr 8, 2012.

  1. This is my 2nd smoke in my newly built UDS. On the menu a 7.26 lb pork picnic ready for some loving.

    After the rubdown and out of the fridge about go on the smoker. Doesn't Jeffs rub look good on there, um yes.

    Here we go, meat goes on at 10:45pm. Hoping to be able to have a pulled pork sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

    Looks like I will be adding a side table so that my lid doesn't have to be it. I am learning this UDS as I go and noticing some more mods that need to happen, soon.

    More updates to come, wish me luck.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. so ms smoker

    so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

  3. Well, 3 hours in and the temps are holding strong. I am fluctuating between 245-250.

    The meat went on around 65* and after 3 hours we are around 155*. Hoping to get a big stall so this thing doesn't finish too soon. I am not going to foil because bark is awesome and I love it. I will spritz in a couple hours with some beer/rub/butter because that is all I have and it will be wonderful. More to come soon.

  4. alblancher

    alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

    Everything looking great so far!
  5. All done and what I would consider a success. My temps locked in early and held strong. I only made a slight adjustment to put it in the 230's after about 3.5-4 hours since it was going over night. I set the alarm on the thermo and never heard a peep, it was nap time. I hit 200* right around 6:00am. I pulled it off and into a small cooler to rest. I left the smoker alone after putting the lid back on and went to bed. Fast forward to 10:00am. I woke up and pulled the pork apart, delicious. The bone came out clean and everything fell apart pretty much. I am having a few friends over for lunch today to help me work on my motorcycle. Work in the garage = free lunch, must be nice to have friends like me lol. How about some Q-view???

  6. Also forgot to mention, when I woke back up...the temps were down a little at 215*. I opened the ball valve a smidge and we are back at good temps in no time. I used a full basket of coals, I am going to let it run until it dies. I am curious to see how long it will take. I have to work at 8am tomorrow so hopefully not that long.
  7. tyotrain

    tyotrain Master of the Pit

    great looking pork.. looks tasty
  8. Great looking PP! Nice job.

Share This Page