Weekend Ribs w/Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigbaldbbq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 4, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I did some bb's on the new smoker. I'm really enjoying learning how this thing cooks.

Here are the ribs all rubbed and ready to go on.

Here they are in the smoker with some beef short ribs and a couple of pans of Dutch's beans.

Here is the finished product.

Moist and smoke ring all the way through. They were great! Glazed with BBQ sauce and honey.

Here are the beans. My wife loved them, and she doesn't like baked beans.

And finally some ABT's for a graduation party on Sunday.

All in all I am really liking my new rig. I've got some good thermometers coming this week, and I am getting new tires on it tonight.

Real nice lookin ribs Todd....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for all the postive comments. I was able to get it dialed in pretty well. I kept it in the 230 to 240 range throughout the entire cook.

Nice looking grub there.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for all the postive feedback guys.

The real test for this thing will be on the 19th and 20th. I have been asked to cook enough pulled pork for 150 to 200 sandwiches. I am calculating about a 100 pounds of raw. I am going to load that smoker with butts. There will be plenty of Q-view!

Congrats on what appears to have been a great smoke, and thanks for the Q View.

I was following your build and have thoughly enjoyed the Q/views and the lipsmakin' good food... Good luck on the next 100#'s of butts, I wait with baited breath and a hunger in the stomach to see the results ...

PROPS TO YOU!!!

CHEERS!

The event got postponed. I'm glad that I was notified before I purchased a case of butts. MAN I wanted to load it down!!!! But I have had 2 people contact me about catering a wedding and a reunion. I will keep you all posted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky