Weekend Brisket Smoke with QVIEW

Discussion in 'Beef' started by danessmoker, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Well, here goes my first brisket smoke! Brisket went on at 1:05PM. I used a homemade rub, consisting of salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and chili powder. I am hoping to have this done by 12:00PM tomorrow (friends are coming over). I am shooting to keep the temp between 225 and 240. At the time, I do not plan on foiling until I pull it to rest before slicing. Enjoy the pictures, I will be updating as the smoke continues. Thanx for all the help.

Tomorrow I will be throwing on some ribs and chicken.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

That is huge ! [​IMG]  Looking forward to the finally. [​IMG]

3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yeah,Meateater, me too. I can't even find a 1lb. one here,and it was $3.09/lb.That's crazy,I could have him ship me one and still come out on top;$.99/lb.[​IMG].I wish I could find big ones like that,I love a long cook, more fire to play with[​IMG].\

I'm in,I want to see this[​IMG][​IMG].[​IMG].

Have fun and....

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  4. meateater

.99 a pound thats crazy! I'm gonna print out that pic and talk to the local Target. I want justice !!!!!!!!!!!!  [​IMG]

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great start!

Is it done yet?

6. Its now 9:00AM and I am 20 hrs into the smoke. The temp. is at 185. I just separated the point and cubed it for burnt ends. I threw in some more rub and BBQ sauce. The flat had way to much fat that I did not trim and is super mushy. Otherwise looks moist and I can't wait to slice into it. More pictures coming soon.

[​IMG]

7. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Man it looks wicked and i will wait for the slicing

8. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking great!!

Craig

9. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Man that looks beautiful!

Can't wait to see you slice into it!

10. meateater

X2

11. daddydon

daddydon Smoke Blower

At that price target wouldnt have any to sell they would all be in my freezer...But it sure looks good!

12. You can buy a packer brisket at Target? For .99/lb?

13. THAT BRISKET LOOKS WONDERFUL!!!!!  [​IMG]