Weber 2290 22-1/2-Inch Charcoal Kettle Rotisserie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biaviian

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Yeah, so I bought this instead of the Cajun Bandit because of the price.  Well, I tried to use it for the first time yesterday, but there was no way to keep the lid on the ring.  There is no lip, no latch, nothing to secure the lid.  I can't even balance the lid on the ring; it just falls on its own.  I can't imagine keeping the lid on while using the rotisserie.  I guess I'll spring for the Cajun.

Has anybody encountered this issue?

Also, the lid on my 22.5" does not fit well.  I can get it on the smoker, but I have to practically stand on the lid to get a seal practically.  

First, the lid on the Kettle.  It really isn't designed to "seal."  You can buy the $25 gasket kit for the 22.5" WSM and use it on the lid of the Kettle.  There's actually enough felt in the kit to seal both the 22.5: WSM lid, door, and a 22.5" Kettle.  

Second, I have no experience with the rotisserie attachment. 
By seal, I meant that the lid simply sits on the ring and has no way of keeping itself on the ring, without the rotisserie, let alone with it running.  I'd need clamps to keep in sitting on the ring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky