Vivo sausage stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
as you can see it has a solid  aluminum piston with a Teflon o ring,  that makes a tight seal in the cylinder and there was 0 meat blow by ,

.the gears are industrial grade cast steel ,   

the gears are dry and make a tiny bit of noise when cranked ( I plan on buying a food grade grease to lube  them . then they should be quiet and smooth as silk )

, everything comes apart , making clean up a breeze ,

the ONLY thing I would be concerned about would be the Teflon O ring   ( I am going to order a couple of extras just in case I break one while taking it off to clean it and the groove , that's the only weak point I have found . and I think that could be replaced with a rubber  O ring  if you wanted to so its really not a biggie

let me know what you think

Nice job, that rubber "O" Ring just every time you stuff put some pam or food grade grease around it and you will be amazed how much smoother it will go. 

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

I have found that a wood chopstick works good for getting the o ring off for cleaning. I use food grade silicone to lube the gears and the o ring.

good ideas , the piston goes down very easy  the only thing that I would worry a bit about is breaking it taking it off to clean it

i was just surprised how well this thing is built , didn't expect it to be so heavy and solid ,  hell you can never wear one of these things out ...lol

I bought a 7LB. one through Amazon. I have been so happy with it. I was surprised as to how well it was built; "like a tank' is a good description. I have had no problems with the silicon gasket (use a butter knife to remove it). As per a suggestion, I marked where it bottomed out so that I don't put any pressure on the plunger or screw threads. It made sausage stuffing fun! I am a 'little' lazy and after having to crank it up all the way from the bottom, I had to come up with a better way of doing it. I found that I could use my cordless drill if I was careful, and it cut down on the stress on my arms and the time it took to reset for the next batch. Clean up is fairly easy too. I can't really say just how  this has changed how much I enjoy making sausage, now. Go big red!

i just used one finger to spin the handle on the return trip out , glad to know someone else owns a Vivo , it seems they are a bit unknown here on the forum and thus underrated

It's been about 7 months since the last post, would love to hear your opinions on how your Vivo stuffers are working out. Thanks.

My cousin has a 5lb Vivo. We've put some serious amount of sausage through that thing. Great stuffer.

Thanks for the replies, does this machine leave a lot of meat in the base or tube that doesn't press out?

Thanks for the replies, does this machine leave a lot of meat in the base or tube that doesn't press out?
Every stuffer will have meat in the tube, but there's none in the barrel of the stuffer.

Last edited:
I see that the 5 to 7lb and the 11lb models come with the same 4 tubes. Does anyone have the 11lb model and have used the small 10mm tube to make meat snack sticks? Reading on this site that most advise not to try and do the sticks with stuffers larger than 5lb size. Just wondering if the bigger model would be ok or if a person ever wanted to do the sticks, the smaller model would be better.

Ordered a 5 ponder this morning. Can't wait to get it. Went to Cabellas last night o pick a stuffer up - 1 hr drive. Outta stock. :devil:. So I ordered the Vivo.
Have my 1st 10 lbs of kielbasa ground, cured, seasoned, in the garage fridge...Cant wait til it arrives...More info to be provided shortly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky