Very nice SS smoker vent Rain Cap

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marctrees

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Tx / LA border, Toledo Bend
Was Googling today, for a Stainless good looking chimney cap like think to put on my smoker.

Came across a very nicely finished one, Stainless, with a damper.

About 7" diameter (the roof)

After calling them and speaking with Matt, (very helpful), I ordered one.

They market them for like Big Green Eggs and similar, but are retrofittable to almost anything, including like a DIY fridge smoker, NO problem.

I'm putting it on top of my MES, for function in rain, also Bling.

Very cool looking, kind of Mid Century Atomic look.

I don't know yet how much I will use the damper feature, or just wide open, but it appears to be a fool proof  SIMPLE mechanism to experiment with anyway.

Anyway, I'm just a customer, no connection to the company.

Just found something I thought alot of Folks here may like.    Marc

http://smokeware.com/blogs/smokewar...keware-chimney-cap-on-your-kamado-style-grill

http://smokeware.com/

Cap_KJ_2.jpg

So I received the Chimney Cap, and wanted to add my thoughts.

It is even better than I hoped, very nicely finished, very smooth edges, and heavier gauge stainless than I anticipated.

I don't know how to do the photo thing, but their website shows it pretty well.

Even though it is sized to go on the "nipple" of a BGE, (they make a second size also), the design of the base makes it totally suitable for mounting on a flat surface in a variety of ways, or even on a suitably sized stack.

I'm putting it on top of an MES, for some "bling", and will keep rain out.

Anyway, super nice quality made piece.        Marc

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky