very little smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

northshore pete

Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
my smoke hollow propane smoker does not seem to put out mush smoke damper all the way open i run at 225 at first it smokes ok then hard to tell if smoke is comming out of the vent?

Pete I'm not familiar with your smoker, but if you use the search function there's bound to be a few answers. Wild guess is you may need a pellet tube or tray to coexist with you smoker. 

Chris.

The chips are black but not burnt up if i stir them they will give me smoke for a short time at 225 

Does your food have any kind of smokey flavor? Just because your not seeing smoke doesn't necessarily mean it's not smoking. TBS can be hard to see sometimes.

Chris

Reactions: vortreker
I can taste the smoke in the meat but not very strong  and never get a good smoke ring

I don't think the electric or propane smokers produce smoke rings.

Electrics have a hard time getting good smoke ring, but gas smokers have no problem in that area.

I have a Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite electric smoker and I get a smoke ring with Mesquite wood. I have never used a gas smoker so I have no idea regarding intake vent management with gas. I just bought the OK Joe so I hear to learn about offset smokin.

I have the smoke hollow pro series 44inch propane smoker. I installed the mailbox mod and use an a-maze-in 5x8 smoke tray and get about 10 solid hours of perfect smoke using smoke pellets. The built in trays and wood chips require to much maintenance to keep a good smoke going in these smokers.

Attachments

• D5A366D2-7F3C-4E57-BD80-47B55BDEE495.jpeg
    D5A366D2-7F3C-4E57-BD80-47B55BDEE495.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 48
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky