Venison Summer Sausage( updated q-view finished product)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bobdog46

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Ponchatoula Louisiana
I used 8 lbs of venison and 2 lbs boston butt to make a small batch of summer sausage. Used Hi-Mt seasoning & cure then added cracked red pepper flakes , chopped Jalapenos, & cubed cheddar cheese.  I had to mix some margaritas prior to stuffing.  I will post more photos when they are finished smoking.
ae2cb74e_IMG_20120503_174701.jpg

Last edited:
So ... you don't use the hi-temp cheese.  How does the regular hold up hold up?

Are you going to run this back through the grinder to stuff or?
I have made many batches of summer sausage and have never used hi temp cheese. Regular cheddar cheese cut into small cubes have worked just fine for me.  I do not run through the grinder to stuff, i use a 5 lb sausage stuffer. I am getting ready to post pics of the finished product and you will see that regular cheese holds up fine.

Dang ... very nice product ... I will definitely be taking advantage of your cheese idea. 

It is pretty obvious this isn't your first rodeo and you have mastered the technique!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky