venison fajitas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philthysmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Flint, Mi
Yesterday I smoked a deer hind quarter, 1 section sliced and made into jerky smoked for 3 hours it was great the other 2 sections marinated for 2 days in, Smoked Deer Ham

1 – 5 pound
venison butt, neatly trimmed.
½ cup worcestershire sauce
1 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 cup chopped onions
½ cup soft butter or olive oil

turned out good, I took the left over hams and sliced tin added onion and red bells sauted with a little beer and some cumin,salt ,pepper,and some kansas city cowtown steak and grill season (that is my favorite) and made fajitas, fantastic!!

I smoked the boneless hams for 6 hours at 225 untill internal temp was 145 then wraped in foil and let rest for hour.

I am still trying to figure out how to q-veiw, when I upload pic it says pic to big. I think I have to set my camera to the lowest setting

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky