Venison breakfast sausage cure?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buccosnation

Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Pennsylvania
I am a big fan of the con Yeager spices. They have a maple sausage seasoning that I plan to use for some breakfast sausage. I'll be using 21mm calogen casings. However, on their recipe it does not show any cure added. Would this be because there shouldn't be any cure added (even though it's a 25 pound recipe) or do you think the seasoning packet inclined the cure already mixed? I plan to vacuum pack and freeze it.

If it is fresh sausage (links, patties, etc) and normally fried in a pan then cure is usually NOT added.

If the sausage is smoked in a smoker after seasoning and mixing (snack stix, summer sausage, etc) then cure is added.

Thanks for asking!

Show us some of that sausage when you make it. 
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky