Unconventional Fajitas, But What The Heck!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, we were given a sauce that I was not familiar with... It is called Jardine's Chik'n Lik'n. A friend at work give me a bottle... We exchange food (BBQ) related stuff on a regular basis! I was really wanting to try this stuff!

First, cut some chicken breasts into small strips. Then put into a bit of the marinade.

image.jpeg

Sealed this up & kept chilled in a food saver bag for bout an hour & a half. Then sous vide them for bout two hours... Sous vide was set at 140*

image.jpeg

After the sous vide, set the bag aside for a few while the other stuff was getting close... Olive oil, onion & bacon pieces in the cast iron skillet. (There's just somethin bout CI that makes it all come together IMO)

image.jpeg

Then combined the sous vide chicken breast packet with the olive oil, onion & bacon combo in the CI.

image.jpeg

Let simmer a bit, then time to plate up with a flour tortilla, shredded Mexican four cheese & a few chunks of mater!

image.jpeg

Fold up & time to eat! I have to say, this was a real tasty meal for an unconventional fajita!

image.jpeg

Simple meal, but quite tasty!

Thanks for lookin all!

Man that looks great. No SV here YET. I agree on the CI, it makes everything taste better. Atleast me an my son think so.

Looks tasty,I have been wanting some fajitas only the beef variety. Only thing around here in CI has been asparagus as of late.

Looks good but what was the flavor profile of the sauce? Tex/Mex, BBQ Sauce, Asian, indescribable?...JJ

Justin Looks good no SV here lots of CI that need more use. Nice job on the cook Points
Richie

Looks tasty,I have been wanting some fajitas only the beef variety. Only thing around here in CI has been asparagus as of late.

Thanks man, beef fajitas do sound great! We really like CI asparagus!

Looks good but what was the flavor profile of the sauce? Tex/Mex, BBQ Sauce, Asian, indescribable?...JJ

Thanks Chef JJ, probably should have elaborated a bit on the sauce... the flavor is unique... Best I can describe is a tangy sauce, with a bit of sweet flavor & just a touch of heat on the back end! It's really tasty, the fam loved it! Appreciate ya dropping a line.

Looks really good, and of course you can't go wrong with CI. Sauce has me curious as ell. Will have to keep my eyes open on our next trip down.

Hey all, my apologies on not clarifying more in depth on the sauce... My bad! I have not responded to you all as of yet but wanted to fill y'all in.... As I told Chef JJ, the sauce is unique. My best description is a tangy sauce with a bit of sweet flavor & just a touch of heat on the back end! The fam loved it! This sauce is not sold in stores round here, my buddies wife ordered this in for him cause he likes it so much! Below is a pic of the bottle if any are interested in trying it. As said, it's a unique but real tasty sauce IMO!

image.jpeg

Justin Looks good no SV here lots of CI that need more use. Nice job on the cook Points
Richie

Thanks Richie, the sous vide kinda marinaded it low & slow... Then the CI, we love our CI round here. LOL... Thanks for the like buddy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky