UDS Poll - How many of you tossed the rubber seal?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dbarnett66

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
I am curious to see how many of you are using the rubber seal that cam with the lid on your barrel. It is listed as a EPDM rubber seal. When I looked up EPDM on the internet, it mentions ethyl something, but I am no chemist.

Your thoughts?

Well, if you don't remove it, the lid isin't going to seal.....It has to come off!!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Nope, seal is for keeping the LIQUIDS from coming out when the ring is on tight.
Remove the seal and the lid drops on pretty tite!
confused.gif

A tight seal was a concern of mine. I will toss the rubber seal and worry no more. It seems like I am putting way too much thought on this.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Heh, I bet if you leave it on there and get it up to say 300*, it'll be sealed real good!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky