Turkey Sausage Pizza Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jocosa

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Douglasville Ga.
A while back, Kroger had Honeysuckle White turkey sausage chubs on sale for 10/$10; we had picked up a few and a chub of Italian has lost itself in the back of the fridge - main reason being, we didn't really care for it sliced and fried...

But since I got the GOSM and discovered the joys of fattys... been eyeing this lone chub in the freezer... and did something with it last night.

Flattened it out, put down a layer of shredded mozzarella, then pepperoni, chopped onion and bell pepper - rolled it up, put it in a loaf pan for the evening... before I put plastic over the top of the loaf pan, spritzed it with roasted garlic olive oil....

Then researched this a bit on SMF - figrued someone had done this before... read that someone had used ground turkey and tried something very similar.

Today, left it in the loaf pan, sprinkled the top with some basil leaves and into the GOSM it went. Three hours later, it came out, along with another naked fatty.

As you can see, it held together ok and is incredibly delicious... gonna try it with some marinara sauce and parmesan cheese here in a bit. This one won't last long enough for college football tonight, but that's ok, 2 racks of ribs are in the smoker now...

Just thought I'd share!

Turkey Sausage Pizza Fatty and Naked Fatty
IMG_6033sm.jpg

Close-up of cross section
IMG_6035sm.jpg

That looks real good and it was something I was thinking of just today.

I've been looking to make a lower fat, fatty but the only turkey sausage meat at the market was the hot italian turkey sausage links in the casing.
I am going to remove the casing on some of these and try and turn it into a fatty.

I also picked up a chubb of some 50% fat reduced JD pork sausage and I am going to mix it with some lean ground turkey meat.

There is no way it will ever be a low fat item but at least it will be "lower" fat.

Thanks for the inspiration!

If you had asked me before you tried this I would have said that it would not hold together but there it is.

I am allergic to wheat so no pizza for me, honesty this looks better than any pizza I have seen. I will have to give this a try. (Been trying to limit my fatties, waist line is certainly not going to waste)

OMG! I'm drooling on the laptop, and I just finished a meal that included smoked meat loaf, my mac and cheese, and corn on the cob. I will have to do that.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky