Turkey & Pork Rib End Roast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by big biscuit, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Decided I couldn't wait till Thanksgiving for some turkey. Tracey on the other hand didn't want to "ruin" the feel of thanksgiving by eatting turkey today. So she picked up a rib end roast for me to smoke. I'm bringing the turkey to work tomorrow for the guys. Here are the results.

2. [​IMG]  I would be eating it now[​IMG]. Then let work fin for their self.

Happy smoken.

David

3. bigr314

bigr314 Meat Mopper

Looks good. I have never smoked an end roast. What is the procedure. I am always wanting to try new cuts of meat.What temp? About how long? What IT? Do you wrap when it comes off smoker? Thanks so much.

4. I really don't do anything special to the rib end roast. I seasoned it up with onion powder, garlic granules, salt, pepper and some sweet smoked Hungarian paprika. Then onto the wsm it goes at 325 for 30 minutes a pound. I'll pull it out when it reaches 155 and loosely foil for 20 min. Then carve away the ribs slice the meat and serve. For what its worth this is my favorite cut of meat to put on my bullet as of now. [​IMG]    

5. bigr314

bigr314 Meat Mopper

thanks for the reply. my wife's birthday is coming up. i am going to try one.

6. You won't be disappointed. [​IMG]

7. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sorry Guys

But what is a rib end roast????

Gary

8. gtownplowboy

gtownplowboy Newbie

It is off the bone in pork loin. Sets right up against the pork butt on a hog. The pork loin from butt end to ham end goes rib end, center section , loin end section, then connects to ham. It is the end where country style ribs come from. hope this helps. Peace. Don

9. hambone1950

hambone1950 Master of the Pit Group Lead

Looks really good ! :grilling_smilie:

10. Thanks Hambone. I haven't had a bad review on my rib roast yet. As a matter of fact it just might have found its way onto the x-mas day dinner menu. [​IMG]