Turkey breast question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swingdancer_36

Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Georgia
Hello everyone!!

I'm new to this whole smokin' thing but have successfully smoked a pork tenderloin, baby back & spare ribs and a Boston Pork Butt.

I've had a request to smoke a turkey breast for July 4th. I've never smoked a bird. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? I'm at a loss.

Thank you for your time!

I would personally consider brining or using an injection. You can do a search of the site and find lots of great information on smoking Turkey and the two processes I mentioned.

Be sure to tell us what you decide and post some pics of the smoke....

Welcome to SMF!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

As Watery Eyes stated, there's lots of info on this site to be found if you use the search function. Alot of folks prefer brining over injecting, but I'm the opposite when it comes to poultry.

Good luck and welcome to SMF!

Welcome to SMF Swingdancer_36!!! My suggestion would be to sign up for TulsaJeff's 5-day eCourse, search and study the "Poultry" section of the forum, and then ask specific questions there. You will be ready for the fourth of July smoke for sure then.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky