Tumbled Thighs, ABT's & Brats !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, at the request of my kiddos decided to fire up the smokers yesterday.... Gotta give a shout out to Case, I tried his Amped Up Scarbelly Recipe for 1/2 of the thighs.... So, here we go !

So 1/2 the thighs, done a mixture of Franks Buffalo Sauce, beer, butter & blue cheese. Tossed mixture in a saucepan to melt & mix together.

The other half done Tony's Garlic & Herb Marinade, butter & blue cheese ! Again, melted down in a saucepan !

Last batch just about done in the tumbler ! I will add here that the tumbler seemed to change the skin a bit, didn't crisp up like normal.... Then again it just may have been the guy running the minis fault ! :biggrin:

All done marinading & hit each with a sprinkle of McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning !

ABT's all made up & ready to go ! I tried 1/2 dozen of these with blue cheese instead of cream cheese !

Doing this smoke with KBB & a couple chunks of kiawe !

Thighs on !

Getting there ! Just removed the pot to finish em up !

Just off the mini !

ABT's off the GMG ! Also, brats are done... Didn't get any pics of the brats on the grill, forgot I guess...

Plated pic ! Thighs, ABTs & brats with the wife's fresh garden salad & blue cheese dressing ! The dressing is from a small family business here locally called Chiz's & they have the most amazing Blue Cheese & Ranch dressing ! I can dang near eat it by the teaspoon alone, yea it's that dang good !

Couple things I'll note, I'll be trying the tumbler again with the skin not crisping up like I am used to... It was ok, don't get me wrong... Just not the crispiness I am used too ! My wife & kids thought it was good ! The amped up recipe, thanks again Case.... WOW ! The flavor was awesome ! I'll also do more ABTs with the blue cheese here & there, it was a nice flavor & change up as well !

Thanks for lookin all !

All looks Great from my House!!
icon14.gif

Nice Plate full of goodness!!
drool.gif

Bear

Justin that looks great,I don't think the tumbler could ruin the skin.So you did LOLJB

points.gif

Justin that looks great,I don't think the tumbler could ruin the skin.So you did LOLJB

:points:

Thanks Richie, I appreciate ya dropping a line & the point ! I think your right bud, operator error ! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Nice Job, That Chicken looks great, It all looks great   That vacuum tumbler thing is neat   
icon14.gif

Looks-Great.gif

points1.png

Gary

Nice Job, That Chicken looks great, It all looks great   That vacuum tumbler thing is neat   Thumbs Up    :Looks-Great:

:points1:

Gary

Thanks a bunch Gary, much appreciated ! Yea, the tumbler is kinda cool !

WHB , that's a fine looking post , the Thighs looked great and the ATB's were nice .

enjoyed the plated shot .

Thanks for the look , SWMBO doesn't appreciate heat , so I'm doing these soon for myself . . .

Have fun and . . .

WHB , that's a fine looking post , the Thighs looked great and the ATB's were nice .

enjoyed the plated shot .

Thanks for the look , SWMBO doesn't appreciate heat , so I'm doing these soon for myself . . .

Have fun and . . .

Thanks Stan, appreciate ya dropping a line & the kind words !

I do like chicken thighs and those look delicious!

Nice job J, did you get any help from the sous chefs?

Thanks Foam ! Ya know the sous chefs did help but were for some reason camera shy at the time ! Imagine that, the ones always saying "Hey Dad, did ya get a pic of me doing this, hey how bout a pic of that, hey... hey see this, get a pic, hey ! " LOL. Good Lord ! I don't know what I'd do without em though ! :biggrin:

Awesome job Justin, great looking plate. I bet it tasted mmmmm gooodddd.

This is point deserving meal.

Glad you're experimenting with the tumbler. We know it kicks butt for boneless skinless breasts for sure.

Bryce

Justin, Excellent post and an excellent smoke, everything looks incredible !:points:

Thanks Dave, sure do appreciate the kind remarks & point ! Thanks for dropping a line !

Your children don't know how lucky they are! Great looking smoke!

:points1:

Disco

Thanks Disco for the nice comment & point, your too kind my friend ! We really enjoy spending time around the smokers & they just don't seem to get enough of the good ol TBS !

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky