Trying to find Tri Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've seen them on sale at a few local "butcher" shops. Sadly, they aren't that cheap around here. There is a RD about 15 miles away or so, and I'd like to get down there one day and see all the stuff they have. 

Funny, if you check the weekly specials for any southern, or central CA grocery store, they sell untrimmed tri tip for under $3.00/lb.  Why can't the rest of the country get the same product for similar price?  Gouging for over trimmed meat isn't my idea of a good deal.  Leave the fat on, charge less for it.

There are a few places that carry them around here but they only seem to be in the expensive butcher stores. I have never seen them in the grocery chains, Walmart or Sam's which is where I normally purchase my meat. The butchers are just way over priced it seems around here.

Finally got to a Trader Joe's here in Jersey and found some at $5.99 lb., averaged just under 3 lbs. each. They are definitely trimmed but looked good so I picked up a couple. They had at least a dozen that I saw, along with some other nice looking beef roasts. Some of them were already seasoned, but I picked 2 that were not. Now, just got to figure out what to do with them.
icon_biggrin.gif
 Feel free to chime in people.
biggrin.gif
 I'm all ears.

I looked at my Publix & nothing. The Sam's I go to is in Lakeland & I have never seen them there either. I will keep looking because it seems that there is enough of a demand that they will be all over Florida soon. I hope!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky