Trying for a little more smoke on my R/S Tri tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
Got a Tri tip in the WSM light using a Weber cube smoke from pecan. Thinking with a lower temp more time in the smoke then I thought put some cherry pellets in the AMNPS! Simple seasoning white and black pepper,garlic,salt and bold worchestshire sauce.

Okay the burning charcoal seems to of put out AMNPS getting ready to wear it shortly!

I see now that the results were awesome!  
points1.png

Mike

I see now that the results were awesome!  :points1:

Mike

Thanks for the point! I started the sear earlier than I normally would at 110* IT, usually about 115*IT then seared it 30 flip sear 30 flip sear 30 flip sear 30 check temp wasn't quite 120 per my therm set to side of unlit grill get there let it rest about 10 min. Yeah it turned out alright!

Tasty looking Tri Tip Bones! I found one hiding in the freezer that's going to Friday nights dinner!

Thanks, we have 4 or 5 left then I'll have to get more last time I seen the price dropped to $2.89#! It makes eating them very reasonable!

Lucky you, how was it? Ours was gone last night. Too many tri tip fans in this family.

Ps nice job on the eggs. They look good!

It was tasty. But I prefer to serve it with a thicker cut of TT and a slice of Texas toast garlic bread. Here's one from the last TT.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky