Trying Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking forward to the Qview. hows your pit working for you after the mods?

110.gif

happy smoken.

David

Question if anyone is watching. I put this on at 0830. Is it possible to have it ready to eat by 6 by foiling after about 6 hours?

At 230 I plan on putting it into the drip pan with the remainder of my injection (SPOG with two cups of beef broth and a 1/4 cup Worcestershire) and bringing the IT to 190.

I think I am going I put the meat thermometer in at 130 and foil it at the same time and hope it hits 190 IT by 5!

It felt kind if loose if that makes sense and a tooth pick slid in no problem. I have to caulk this up to beginners luck cause it turned out fantastic!! Tender, moist, and absolutely delicious!! The whole family loved it! We had about 1lb left of the 8.5lb brisket!!

I was a little concerned since the IT topped out at 195 in the cooler but it didnt seem to matter. Thanks it watching!!

You can get some great info from you tube.  Search for   BBQ with Franklin: The Brisket

There is some great info here from a great guy.

I watched Aaron franklins videos and learned a lot!

Thanks for the kind words Disco but I still call it beginners luck!

Once is luck
Twice is chance
Three times is skill!!

I watched Aaron franklins videos and learned a lot!

Thanks for the kind words Disco but I still call it beginners luck!

Once is luck
Twice is chance
Three times is skill!!
Sorry but I agree with Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect"

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky