Tried a Boneless Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cekkk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Central Colrado @ 9000'
Ran across a bargain price and thought I'd give it a try.  Still new enough at this smoking business that nearly everything is a first for me.  Well, this worked out really well.  In fact, using my past notes prevented repeating mistakes. 

I injected with juice/vinegar mix, used olive oil on the bottom side and deli mustard on top, just my idea, and went lighter on the rub. 

Set temp at 270 and the Mav 732 was soon reading 230 and remaining within a few degrees either way.   Ambient at 8 a.m. was mid 50s.  But around 10 the sun broke out and I had to reduce the MES's setting a few degrees as the Maverick shot up to 250 quickly.

The replacement chip pan for my MES 30 worked.  For the first time the smoke level was good throughout, thin blue wisp.  (Added a bit more roughly midway when smoke seemed to weaken.) 

I'd seen folks removing the loin at 140 and 150.  I just wasn't comfortable with those temperatures and went to 170.  I don't think it's dry, and the flavor is really good. 

Just braggin! 
banana_smiley.gif

Good smoke, If it tasted good and it wasn't dry Success!

Okay, took this before cutting it up for dinner last night.  I had cut of the end to taste it when it came out of the smoker.  Then I cut a bit more and made a sandwich for a worker who was here.

Let me know what you think.  There was a hint of pink to the meat, even though the internal temperature reached over 170. 

This is my first photo upload, not only to this forum, but from my Samsung Galaxie s3 to my PC.  It's a wonderful smart phone.  I just wish they had a wonderful average phone, or even a wonderful dummy's phone so I could learn how to use it.

Looks great!! Glad everything worked out for you. I usually don't let mine go that high. I'll pull them out at 145* and tent them in foil for about 20 min before slicing. Finally got my wife to eat them at that temp. Thanks for the pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky