Traeger Lil Tex Elite owner from Cincinnati, Ohio USA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radiomac

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
I purchased my Lil Tex Elite at a Costco Roadshow a year ago. I use it constantly. My grandson cannot wait to come to "Papa's Restaurant", a name he made up. He said he gets the best food ever at Papa's. He was asked to choose a place to go for his 7th birthday dinner a few weeks ago and he said, "Papa's". When told that he should pick a restaurant, he said there is no restaurant that has food as good as Papa's. (He's right)
yahoo.gif

I am getting a greasy drip line on my deck all along the front side of the grill. I called Traeger and they told me that I should use over cleaner about evey 10 smoking sessions to prevent this. That's frustrating because my Traeger is on my deck and I cannot get it to the grassy area; that's where he said to clean it by spraying it with oven cleaner and hosing it off. I am having second thoughts about my purchase, though I love the food that comes off of the grill. I did not envision this type of maintenance. It also seems to me that using chemicals in the grill and getting water in there is not a good idea, and I don't want it on my deck.

The best move I've made since getting it is the purchase of a temperature probe with a remote. No more guessing on medium-rare. It's perfect each time. IMHO, it should be standard gear, but what do I know. Until I found this forum, it was trial & error cooking. Everyone may already have one or may have the good old doneness instincts  that I lack. lol

Thanks to all for sharing so much great stuff!

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Welcome to the SMF family radiomac!  Sounds like you're turning out some great food on that Traeger!  This is a very friendly and helpful community...just ask when you have a question...someone here will surely be able to answer.

Red

[h3]
texas.gif

Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   [/h3][h3]  [/h3][h3]Gary[/h3]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky