Took 4th place at contest!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gooose53

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 17, 2007
Hey folks, I told you that I was entering my first contest this weekend. We took 4th out of 21 in a SCBA contest in Irmo, SC!! We used my new cooker (had never cooked on it before) and it was only a one category contest....whole hog. Had a great time and worked with some great folks. I forgot my camera but the I will what pics as soon as my teammate sends me the ones he took. Thanks to all for the encouragement....and if your wondering what the top bbq cook in SC did at the contest...he took 1st and he cooked all by himself.

Congrats
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Wow! A new cooker you never cooked on and still pulled off 4th! Awesome job goose! Can't wait to see the pix.

what pigs said.......man........i haven't a CLUE why you would want to do that........but it all turned out great........contrats goose

Congrats... but wait there was more than 4 people in theat contest werent there??.... only kiddin.... you done good.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

got any Pics?

Congrats Man, it's gonna be scary once you get some time with it.

Thanks, guys!! Oh, and we cooked with wood the whole time. Put that 115lb hog on about 845pm and it was done about 7am. Keep the temp about 200 the whole time. It rained off an on pretty much the whole time starting about 130am. Great location to have a contest though.

Well done Goose!! You made us here at SMF proud.

Nice job with the new cooker. I guess you are likin your investment about now!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

If I would have brought my camera I would have had pics on here the moment I got home!!! I have to now wait until my my partner in crime sends me copies of his. I can't believe I forgot the camera!!! But I was so excited, I forgot my jacket, my pecan wood, my gloves.....I just lucky I remembered to hook up the cooker!!! Pics will be coming as soon as I get them.

For Richtee - I ended up not using the fire brick after all. I'm not finished with that thought though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky