Todays Smoke-Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blackhawk19

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 20, 2007
Troy AL
Smoked my first pork loin today(3.7lb), I used the vanilla brine from Debi's site and Dutch's no heart rub from his stuffed pork loin sticky.

The smoker is ready and loaded

The taste taster is waiting under the ramp to the shop, I have a two tone dog that's 8ft long
eek.gif

2 hrs in to the smoke

thin blue smoke

Finished product and then with smoke ring

It tasted great

on edit, I forgot to say I smoked with a few hickory chunks but mostly cherry and maple chips

Nice Smoke!!! I have 2 Tender loins in the smoker as I type... Hope mine comes out as nice as yours..

How much for the 8' Two tone dog?
:)

That looks great Blackhawk19!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm with gypsyseagod, I think I might need to get one of those smokers.

Nice dog too....is he two toned?

That's Bogger Man and Little Man, everybody should have a Bogger Man in their back yard
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Nice juicey loins there Blackhawk. Good job! How'd you like the vanilla?Different, kind of makes you want something sweet to go with it huh?

How long did you cook that loin. I'm doing one now, best guess from what others say is about 4 hours. Is that close? TIA
icon_lol.gif

Hi Corky. I see you're pretty new - can you go over to Roll Call and introduce yourself to us. We love the newbies.

As for the pork loin. Time is only an approximation. You'll learn that to cook by internal temperature is a much better indication of when food is done. If you have a temperature probe cook that loin to about 160º.

You can use the search feature to find many posts on pork loin.

Welcome to SMF. Hope to see more from you.

Keep Smokin

Great lookin smoke Blackhawk....and that 2 tone taste tester is a cutie , great to have a little company during a smoke
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky