Today's fish smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
Got a few fillets to smoke today.

Some are going to get hit with Dutch's maple glaze and the others will go with the old stand by brine
127f771f_vbattach14204.jpg

Cheech that's a lot of fish!!! Wish I was there to help eat that. Hope it turns out ok, what am I saying, Of course it will. have you ever used Dutches maple glaze before? I just started smoking fish and I love it.

Most of it is salmon.

Part is with Dutch's Maple glaze the other part was brined

1 quart of apple cider
3 quarts of water
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cup of brown sugar
sprinkled with garlic and lemon/pepper

Sorry no finsihed q-view I have vacuum sealed it in a mad rush to get out of the house and make a run to the store with my wife

This is one good thing about living in Michigan.

A few guys from the office went out fishing on Lake Michigan and caught them all.

So the cost was a lot less then $11/fillet

If I wasn't the only one in the house that ate fish - I'd go back to fishing. I love white fish. Once or twice a year I do fish or I have to go to a Restaurant.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky