Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billbo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 19, 2007
Upstate NY
I am looking at getting one. I have never used one but by reading on here I can see I should be.

I am looking at a Maverick Redi Chek ET-73 remote. It takes temp of meat and the smoking chamber. Anybody have experience with this or others I should consider.

I do want one with meat & chamber readings.

Lots of folks here have that unit. It is a good idea to know both the temp of the smoking unit and the meat being smoked. It's a good piece of equipment to have.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I own the ET-73 and two single probe Acu-Rite digitals. All of them are wunnerful! For your first digital, I would highly recommend the ET-73.

Good luck!

I have the maverick and love it. I can't however get the remote to read to the 100 foot distance advertised, but it does read well at 20 feet.

================================

Billbo:

On the top menu, click "Forums". Scroll way down and you will find an entire thread dedicated to Thermometers. Lots of good information here.

Ask more questions if you need to.

Skip

I'm another happy Maverick ET 73 owner.

I have the ET 73 and really enjoy it. It's very accurate (using the old boiling water test) and with the remote feature, I don't have to keep going out to the patio to check the temp of the meat or the pit..... I can just read the remote sitting on the kitchen table.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky