The word is out.... good or bad..... here we go!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Lincoln, Ne
Word travels fast but that's why I built the new rig. Going to run a smoke Friday with some briskets and venison backstraps. I have been presented with two pork loins and two Wal-mart bags of boar and buffalo to add to the mix. My friends and neighbors have decided to see just how much meat this thing can hold. I say BRING IT ON!!!! I promise success or failure Q-view will follow.
train.gif

With all the variety I suppose that is an excuse to pick up a few more remote therms???

Gotta keep an eye on the meat temps.

Man that is a lot of meat in that bad boy - hope you have a bunch of therms or an instant read or two to check the IT on them.

The other guys are going for the popcorn and soda so I thouhgt I would change it up a bit
beercheer.gif

Got all my prep work done Thurs. night. Then it was time Friday to load it up. Final count was 4 briskets, 3 eye loin, 2 beef roasts, 2 pork loin, 1 pork roast, 3 lbs. of chicken breast, 10 lbs. of pork steak, 10 pollock fillets, 8 venison backstraps, and 2 racks boneless pork ribs.(and a partridge in a pear tree. LOL)

So we got it loaded up. Cool wind was a pain but as soon as I turned the rig into the wind like landing a plane she ran like a champ.

13214d40_IMAG2711.jpg
8e38df90_IMAG2712.jpg
bc007152_IMAG2713.jpg
c5fa61c5_IMAG2710.jpg
d7d402fd_IMAG2714.jpg
3ca5737e_IMAG2710.jpg
c3e4697f_IMAG2709.jpg
601948ba_IMAG2709.jpg
ed69f8fe_IMAG2708.jpg
3ce331c5_IMAG2707.jpg

After the cookin, and resting was done. I could here no complaints other than "I ate too much". I guess that equals success!!

The boneless ribs didn't last long enough to get my camera.

1c4cd9ad_IMGA0087.jpg
c7c24ba5_IMGA0088.jpg
60910685_IMGA0089.jpg
1861aa1d_IMGA0089.jpg
988f6bf8_IMGA0090.jpg
0130bab6_IMGA0091.jpg
8c9180a1_IMGA0092.jpg
ab521a55_IMGA0093.jpg
44a1bc35_IMAG2731.jpg
c3557f56_IMAG2732.jpg
e2db0eba_IMAG2733.jpg
186cc186_IMAG2734.jpg

I think you did feed an Army!!!

That was one helluva load, and all the Qview looks fantastic!

Thanks for the unbelievable display of goodness!

Bear

It all looks Great and definitely a full load...

So far I haven't heard anyone upset about eating it. Folks are just looking for some bread to make brisket sammies. I'm looking forward to my next cook. The new rig has me wanting to run it as often as possible.
th_Slab_of_meat.gif

So far I haven't heard anyone upset about eating it. Folks are just looking for some bread to make brisket sammies. I'm looking forward to my next cook. The new rig has me wanting to run it as often as possible.
th_Slab_of_meat.gif
I didn't think of this before, but when you figured for your trailer, and added all the weight of your smoker, did you add a couple thousand pounds for the meat you're throwing on there at one time?   
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

How 'bout the tires---might not take too many more Briskets to blow out the tires !!!!

Bear

Bearcarver, maybe I should make some outriggers for it in case that becomes a problem. After this cook, the orders for ribs a brisket are already starting to come in. Maybe it will pay for itself this summer.
beercheer.gif

Bearcarver, maybe I should make some outriggers for it in case that becomes a problem. After this cook, the orders for ribs a brisket are already starting to come in. Maybe it will pay for itself this summer.
beercheer.gif
Hmmmm, Didn't think of that, but it would be perfect, because you only put the thousands of pounds of meat in when your are not "in tow".

Make them hydraulic, like on a back hoe!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky