The last Tip!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Gonna have to make a run to the wholesaler. Pulled the last Tri-tip out of the freezer last night!
jaw-dropping.gif

Trimmed the fat off. I have decided that I prefer trimming the fat and silver skin off prior to rubbing and and smoking. I like the seasoned crust you get all around and I found that the fat didn't contribute to the moistness or tenderness of the finished product.

Trimmed and seasoned with "Butt rub" (commercial rub from Alabama).

Cooking above some roasting veggies in the mini-wsm. The Smoker settled in at 275*-280* so I just let it ride at that temp for the entire smoke. Smoked to an IT of 135*, approx 2 hours.

How about that for
drool.gif
vision! Love the seasoned crust!!!

Just to keep it healthy, a few veggies to go with the meat. I could of just loaded the plate with steak!

Enjoy!!!!

Damn wish I had enough gas money to run over to OR. that sure looks great, good job DS. DS
ROTF.gif
Stop on by anytime! I really wanted to get up to Priest lake and Frank Church Rive of no returns in your neck of the woods this summer, but our fuel fund is pretty low too. Spending too much money on Tri-tip!!!!
laugh1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky