thanksgiving bird of mine.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

barrelcooker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 4, 2015
michigan
Im going to be cooking a turkey 13.95 pounds and i was woundering what temp i should cook this at.
I live in michigan and there is 2 inches of snow on the ground. Here is my smoker ill be using xherry and some sugar maple for wood . I wasnt going to use charcoal
I am brining this bird

Last edited:
As cold as your location is, I would start your cook with a good amount of lump charcoal to establish a good bed of coals. If you can get to 275-300*, it would be really good. If you can spatchock your bird, it will cook quicker and you can get it out of the weather sooner.

Good luck and good smokin', Joe.

Last bird I did. I cooked it at 300 and it was on for slightly more than 3 hours.
Tough conditions for cooking out there. But once you get a good bed of coals built up and the smoker settled in you should be fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky