Texas Fish Consumption Bans DFW arae

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

triplebq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Tx
Fish Consumption Bans

Dallas/Fort Worth Area

Lake Worth in Tarrant County
Chemicals of Concern: Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
  • Persons should not consume any species of fish from these waters.
Fosdic Lake in Tarrant County
  • For common carp, adults and children 12 and older should eat no more than two 8-ounce servings per month.
  • Children under 12 should eat no more than two 4-ounce servings per month.
  • Women who are or might become pregnant and women who are nursing should not eat any common carp from the lake.
Trinity River from Texas 34 to Cedar Creek Reservoir discharge in Kaufman, Ellis, Henderson, and Navarro counties.

Chemicals of Concern: Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), Chlordane, DDE
  • Persons should not consume any species of gar from these waters.
The possession of all species of fish and crabs is prohibited from the following areas. Catch and release of fish and crabs from these areas is lawful. For maps and details on these bans, see the TDSHS Listing of Waterbodies with Possession Bans.
  • Portions of upper Lavaca Bay in Calhoun County
  • The Donna Irrigation System in Hidalgo County
  • Trinity River from the 7th Street Bridge in Fort Worth, downstream to the Texas 34 Bridge in Kaufman and Ellis Counties southeast of Dallas
  • Mountain Creek Lake in Dallas County
  • Echo Lake in Tarrant County
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, 4200 Smith School Road, Austin, TX 78744
Toll Free: (800) 792-1112, Austin: (512) 389-4800
Content of this site [emoji]169[/emoji] Texas Parks and Wildlife Department unless otherwise noted.

TripleBQ,
Unfortunately, more and more of our rivers and lakes are becoming contaminated. PCBs are one of the worst. There is a resevoir near me that was polluted by a transformer plant with PCBs right after it was flooded (about 51years ago). The lake is still contaminated and signs are posted at all the launch sites warning of the PCBs. It's a real shame. Really nice large mouth bass, bream, catfish, crappie etc. and they can't be eaten.
I think if we really work at it, we can screw the whole place up.
icon8.gif

It makes me mad too . They take our money for State Inspections on our cars and yet Big companies run wild and ruin our sources of food and fun.

All I can say is that Its a Shame to spoil something natural.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky