TenderQuick soaking question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sb59

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
New Jersey
Good morning everyone!

After dry brining with TenderQuick is it a must to soak the meat or is it only to taste? I've done deer hams,Canadian bacon,corned deer,etc. and never soaked. The most I've done is a light rinse to ensure I don't get spots from any surface salt. The meat never taste too salty to me which surprises me because I never use table salt on anything except fresh tomatoes and hard eggs. I haven't been poisoning myself have I ? I always weigh my cure and meat and work exact as possible.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply! Btw I really like your calculator. It's going to my smokes with cure #1 much easier.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky