Tamales Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

What a great tutorial, Kevin. I also was only lukewarm on tamales until I went to a cooking course in Puerto Moreles. They had Mexican Chefs teaching and two local mothers "helping out". When it got to tamales, I listened to the mothers and now they are one of my favourite dishes too but I haven't made any in years. I do believe you have inspired me.

points1.png

Disco
Than you sir.

Well your ideas are always welcome. This is my second time, the first time was off the chart, this time is Ok, but I'll be trying to mimic that first batch from here on out!

Well done, my friend....I like the way you fill to the top without folding over....more tamale! Like the man said, you're inspiring....haven't done any in quite some time and they are delicious so I need to get crackin'. So many ways to go with them....Regards, Willie

Well done, my friend....I like the way you fill to the top without folding over....more tamale! Like the man said, you're inspiring....haven't done any in quite some time and they are delicious so I need to get crackin'. So many ways to go with them....Regards, Willie
Thanks Chef, my problem is I see things done like tamales but never did them myself. I rely on my memory (That's a laugh), and guess at what I don't recall. Then typical me, I just wade in and its sink or swim.

I was so amazed on my first try, I didn't take notes thinking it just too easy. So now I have to remember again....LOL I'll get there though.

Thanks again Chef.

I remember watching Jamie Oliver being exposed to tamales for the first time somewhere in New Mexico I think in a First Nations community.

He offered the cook a job in London after saying ''where have you been all my life" about tamales.
biggrin.gif

I remember watching Jamie Oliver being exposed to tamales for the first time somewhere in New Mexico I think in a First Nations community.

He offered the cook a job in London after saying ''where have you been all my life" about tamales.
biggrin.gif
Bobby Flay seems to be the big Southwestern TV Chef these days. But he keeps trying to make good food fancy. I figure a really delicious meal doesn't need to be enhanced. But I am a pretty simple person these days.

Eso es bastante bueno tamal cocinar una coonazz

Putos mi amigo!

b
Voy a estar bien, todas las palabras que sé que no son adecuados para gente educada. Así que voy a agradecer a mi amigo. ¿Quién dice que no se puede enseñar y el perro viejo ........

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly  

Eso es bastante bueno tamal cocinar una coonazz

Putos mi amigo!

b

You all mite want to watch your spanish   Putos is not Points it is Puntos hahahahahahahahahaah

Dan

If it wasn't a hundred degrees here I'd take a big spoonful of that right now!
My full recipe makes 4 times that much, which I double when using a big pot. But I cut it back because I just don't do big cooks anymore. Not sure I could even pick up those pots in the garage now after yesterday! I just ain't got as much steam as I used to!

When I make a pot, I eat all I want then freeze the rest. in 1C portions in a Ziploc. Takes 5 mins to heat up for hotdogs. NO MORE canned chili sauce on my dogs!

Awesome Foam, just awesome..... Not sure what else I can say...... Oh yeah, toss over a longneck ! :biggrin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky