Sunday Cook with MAMA and TWIGGY

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by smok'n steve, May 18, 2008.

1. smok'n steve

smok'n steve Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Just firing them up right now:)

One fatty, 2 chickens, 2 butts, and 2 top rounds and what ever else I can come up with---oh yeah ABT's.

Twiggy will do one of the 3 pound top rounds:)

More pics later

Steve

2. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Mama looks like a proud parent.........A touching pic of Mama and her son.............

3. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That be quite the stack a wood yall got there steve! May the smoke gods smile upon yer cookers!

4. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Steve, that's just too cute![​IMG]

Love the wooden archway too!

5. i love your firewood gateway looks nice but alot of work splitting and stacking oh and i like your smokers too good luck

6. smok'n steve

Its a good day for it! I do burn some of that wood for the house heat too! I need MORE.

Back outside---oh , I am trying CApt Dan's fat scoring idea on the butts! PLus I used his tinfoil "solution" to protect my probe wires!!!

7. smok'n steve

Will be pulling the top round roasts soon, around 135 to 140 minus and let em sit!

8. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Steve, that's beautiful weather you're having, nothing like lighting it up with TBS!!! Excellent looking grub, as always, and just LOVE that lil' smoker in action! [​IMG]

9. smok'n steve

Thanks Laurel, its good to be outdoors with smoke!!

The beef was pulled at 138 each. They were within ten minutes of each other even though they were on different smokers.

Here's a pic of the 3 pounder cooked on twiggy the mini and the ABT's and fatty too :)

Steak sammies for lunch! Butts are around 130ish

10. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Fine lookin vittles steve, course we know thats what yall do!

11. smok'n steve

The chickens are up to around 150 and the butts are 160ish, I think I should have scored the fat-caps a bit deeper to get the penetration "look" like C.Dan did. I will move the butts into a broiler pan (to catch the juices) and cover w/foil in the next 5 to 10 degrees:)

12. earache_my_eye

earache_my_eye Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Man, Steve.....if I didn't know better, I'd swear you have done this before!!

LOL....no kidding tho.....those groceries look fantastic....[​IMG]

L8r,
    Eric

13. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Mighty fine lookin pics, the food, the wood archway, and the mamma and baby lang. To cool of a way to spend sunday at home.[​IMG]

14. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Props again for the pics of the beef sammies, and the chickens. When you get that thing fired up, I love that it's full of goodies!!

15. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Everything looks fantastic! I love to see the little guys in action! Been following them as they have grown up. Like watchin my 10.5 month old little dude taking his first steps this weekend!

16. smok'n steve

Chicken for supper, butts are climbing and are covered now:)

17. smok'n steve

Ok-I am done posting pics after this!! I just wanted to finish the Job. The butts came out great, I took em to around 200, one a bit higher and one just below. They took 8 hours and sat for 1/2 hour.

After sitting, taking a peak----

digging around a bit, bones in the back

pulled without sauce yet

18. neens

neens Smoke Blower

All looks great Steve. What temp where you running ma at?

19. smok'n steve

Thanks Neens,

225 to 250 on the left gauge, I didn't bother with electronic smoker temp monitoring today, just probed the meats. So, you will notice I put the chickens to the far right:)

Steve

20. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Awesome job from both smokers. Keep it up and I'll get fatter just looking at your great smokes....
    Andy.