Sunday Butt Smoke

Discussion in 'Pork' started by alanp, Apr 13, 2011.

1. alanp

alanp Fire Starter

Picked up these butts at Sam's, rubbed with "Jeff's Rub" wraped with plastic wrap in the frig overnight.

[​IMG]

into Brinkman gas smoker at 7am temp was 225 deg. used a mix of apple and maplefor the TBS, nice day slight breeze so temps remained stable all day foiled at 160  removed at 205 wraapped in towels placed in cooler to rest about an hour

[​IMG]

foiling softened the bark some but enough left to keep the wife happy next time might leave one unfoiled to try the result the good part we get to eat our mistakes. I made up a batch of "Jeff's Sauce" to go with this pork I reccomend Jeff's rub and sauce.

[​IMG]

Thanks for loking, Alan

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great nice job

3. fife

fife Master of the Pit

[​IMG]Some good looking grub.

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great job Alan, the PP looks delicious!

5. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

yummy

6. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

Nice PP!!!!

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Very nice Job there Alan. Now PP is one of the most smoked meats in this whole country I would have to say. But done right is the SMF way.

8. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

[​IMG]

9. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Awesome looking butt & pulled pork you got there, Alan!

Nice Job!!!

Bear

10. Fantastic looking butts there Alan...I sure could go for a huge pulled pork sammy from that great looking pan of pork.[​IMG]

11. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Nice job on that Butt !!!!