Sunday Butt Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alanp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Ricmond, Virginia
Picked up these butts at Sam's, rubbed with "Jeff's Rub" wraped with plastic wrap in the frig overnight.

39d344c2_DSCN1512.jpg

into Brinkman gas smoker at 7am temp was 225 deg. used a mix of apple and maplefor the TBS, nice day slight breeze so temps remained stable all day foiled at 160  removed at 205 wraapped in towels placed in cooler to rest about an hour

04f6d72e_DSCN1514.jpg

foiling softened the bark some but enough left to keep the wife happy next time might leave one unfoiled to try the result the good part we get to eat our mistakes. I made up a batch of "Jeff's Sauce" to go with this pork I reccomend Jeff's rub and sauce.

18a88591_DSCN1513.jpg

Thanks for loking, Alan

Looks great nice job

icon_cool.gif

Very nice Job there Alan. Now PP is one of the most smoked meats in this whole country I would have to say. But done right is the SMF way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky