Summer Sausage with cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salmonclubber

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
forks washington
Hello everyone

Last weekend i did 35 pounds of deer summer sausage with chedder cheese i used the sausagemakers pre mixed seasoning and some hi temp chedder cheese i mixed 24 pounds of deer meat with 11 pounds of pork butt mixed it all in my 44 pound cabelas mixer that thing is awesome and smoked using hickory here is a pic each roll weighed 4 pounds

Looks good salmonclubber. I'm jealous of your mixer. I mixed up 20+ lbs last night by hand and it was painfully cold and by the time I was finished, my hands were cramping.

That looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

What he said! mighty fine looking sausage for sure.
A mixer is on my next thing to buy list! since I ccan hardly get away with making any less than a 50# batch of whatever kind of sausage I am making

I like those casings! The see thru is great, especially with the cheese! great job, I know how much work that can be, I made 30# myself a month or so ago.

Wow does that look good! I LOVE summer sausage (who doesn't), Looks like something you would order out of a magazine but pay out the rear for.
Points to say the least. This is another time when I wish you could taste through the monitor, I tried but it just tasted like nothing...

looks awesome. did 25 lbs this year myself and 25 trail bologna. thats whats in my sig pic. i love the high heat cheese. get mine from lem products.

Man that looks awesome. Would love some of that right now. Nice Job. Points for you

Great looking stuff. I see the hi-temp cheese does not melt a bit. Regular cheese does even if you keep it below 170F. I wonder if anyone has used low fat cheese as they say it stays solid and it is way easier to get here than hi-temp. I know there will probably be a sacrifice in taste but I would like to try it once. Piker

for 35 pounds i used 3 pounds of hi temp cheddar cheese i have not tried the low fat cheese i order the cheese in a five pound bag from butcher packer i have a bag of mozzorela in the freezer i need to try it

salmonclubber
Your summer sausage is a complete success as usual, congrats !!!
I have about the same mixer and they do take the pain away from mixing.
How do you like the taste of the SausageMaker summer sausage mix, as I have not tried theirs yet?

the sausagemakers pre mixed seasoning is pretty good i want to try there jalapino summer season next i have tried several different seasons but i seem to go back to the sausagemakers for the summer sausage season

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky