Suggestion for Profile

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gregnola

Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Pearland, TX
Jeff,

Thanks for the GREAT site.
I have a suggestion for an item to add to a user's profile. How about a field that allows you to put the type of smoker you use.

That way, if someone has a question about a certain type of smoker they can direct a post toward a user with that type of smoker.

Just a thought.

Thanks again and I enjoy the new site!

I read this old post and whole heartedly agree that identifying what someone is cooking on is paramount to understanding someone's question, and providing sound advice.

The simplest solution I can think of is to include a brief description of one's arsenal in your signature, this is an idea borrowed from another forum, but it is quite effective.

There is a way to add a custom field to the profile section.. that way you could go to the "MEMBERLIST" and sort by "TYPE OF SMOKER"

I have obviously not gotten around to doing this yet but thanks for the reminder. I will try to schedule some time in for getting this done. I think it would be an excellent thing.

Adding it to the signature is also a great idea..

Hey Boss-just a thought on that Equipment used field-You might want to make it so those of us that use more than one type of smoker can list it. For example I use a GOSM and an ECB- just my $.02.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky