stuffed pork loin, I need some inspiration

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krusher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2008
rocky mount, virginia
hello, tommorrow is my b-day and I am going to smoke pork loin 2 ways, on one of them I am going to do bacon wrapped with an injection and marinade overnight. On the other I am not sure, its going to be stuffed, but I cant decide with what, I' am a meat person, so there wont be much veggies. I was thinking prosciutto with asagio cheese, garlic fresh herbs with a marinara and alfredo dipping sauce. do you think this would work?

I want to go for an italian flavor, so if anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

May sound funny, but try sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and cream cheese. I do chicken breasts this way, and top them with sun-dried tomato pesto (as a dipping sauce, or slathered over the top after smoking). I know there is no meat involved, but you could add the prosciuto as well.

Krusher, that combo sounds great. The fattie I did last weekend had Vidalia Onion, Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, Cheddar Cheese and Chives. The Sundried Tomatos sounds good too!

Hey crusher, I hope you get lots of suggestions - you already got a couple of fine ones, but don't think for a sec that your idea won't be great! Had to wipe the chin imagining your stuffing! Fill it up FAT with the prosciutto!!!!!!

no expierience in doing this but if going for that italian flavor i would stuff with italian sausage of your choice. going outside the box here and something i have been thinking about but not tried yet, how about adding some cooked wild rice,(has to be cooked or it will pull internal moisture from the meat). and then adding cheese of choise. like you said, asiago is a great choice. wild rice goes really well with smoking and cheeses.

Add some sweetness with some fresh cut pineapple
icon_smile.gif
. With your adding the prosciutto I'd use a mild cheese so not to overpower flavors. Spinach and hot italian sausage is good too
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

I think the expert, DaveNH, has the midas touch here. Might be wise to listen to him and/or find his recent thread,
icon_smile.gif

That was some stuffed pork and I'm sure you'll give him a run for his money.

Happy Birthday Krusher!!!! My personal favorite is coating peeled and sliced sweet potatoes in cinnamon and roasting them in an oven with some peeled sliced and cored apples. Once they are tender, roll them up inside the pork loin! YUMM! I have never done this on a smoker yet, but if it works in an oven, it's bound to be even better on the smoker!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky