Stuffed Loin Pics and ?'s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

carpetride

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 25, 2008
Was planning to do a Pork loin this afternoon for a group of ladies but after looking around I decided to try a stuffed loin but I don't think that my Apple Rub will go with the selected ingredients. See the pics below and if you have suggestions on the RUB please speak up this will go on about 2 pm today. Also will probably add some bacon.

Ingredients:

5 lb. loin trimmed
1 lb of Sweet Italian Sausage
1 layer of Proscuitto (spelling)
Kraft 5 Italian cheese
Feta
Fresh Spinach

327960322_RN8jv-M.jpg

327960407_wxJLo-M.jpg

327960497_hWaoX-M.jpg

327960600_tPFbP-M.jpg

327960706_zgnnH-M.jpg

327960796_ZV7pb-M.jpg

327960924_U6WZd-M.jpg

327959946_Ax32h-M.jpg

As always thoughts or observations are appreciated.

Reactions: steevieg
Wow, nice job on slicing and stuffing!!
I'd skip the apple rub and maybe go just salt n pepper, maybe some garlic and onion.
You got a lot of flavor there already....
What kind of smoke?
Good luck and show final pic's!

Super stuff! I think that just might...maybe...YES! RATE POINTS!

I'd keep the rub/baste/mop simple too. Onion and a bit of rosemary would be my choice, and maybe a touch of paprika for a bit of color and flavor.

On Edit: Of course, kosher and CBP too. Dang nice roll, Bud!

that has got to be the neatest job have seen yet on opening up that loin, great stuff, cant wait for finish pix!!!

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I'm thinking Pecan but do have a mix pellets that are Hickory, Pecan, and Cherry already made up so that may go into the hopper instead.

My secretary thought salt and pepper as well earlier this morning. She may not know Q but she knows food.

On the cutting it was my first time and I was talking on the cell phone while doing...so it must be easier than looks!

I just happen to have a Rosemary bush in my garden this year!

Go light with fresh rosemary..it's QUITE potent. Last loin I did I used about 6 small sprigs...8-10 leaves each. Slipped a boning knife into the meat and tucked them in, leaving a few leaf points sticking out... Looked REALLY cool, and had a nice light rosemary kiss to it.

Update:

Used EVOO and this stuff
328126526_eqXRD-M.jpg

As well as a couple of sprigs of Rosemary from the garden
328126814_XEMod-M.jpg

328127128_j3Yyo-M.jpg

Soon enough my friend, soon enough
wink.gif

I think with all that stuffing I would let the smoke just speak for itself. But if you had to, I think I would make a little pesto of evoo , basil and parmesan cheese, rub that all over it and let it sit a while

looks like its going to be real good though

let us see the finished product

DUDE! That loin looks fricken awesome. I am afraid to check in later. I know the Q-view willmake me wanna eat something again.
You have done one heck of a job slicing, stuffing and tying that loin. I don't have any reason to doubt that will will do an awesome job smoking it.

Points from me too!

Hope I still have some to give today!
biggrin.gif

Wow, you not only have a work of art there, you'll soon have an amazing feast! Great job, looking forward that being sliced open
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Sorry gang my internet has been down at home! I tried dialing in last night but....

Anyways the Pork went over great, I didn't even get a bite!

328329865_Ju3Uz-M.jpg

328335919_AELZJ-M.jpg

328323341_U8YtZ-M.jpg

328630280_u4vsa-M.jpg

Wow! So pretty... an' yummy lookin' !!

Glad everyone enjoyed it, it's a feast for our eyes, even if we can't be there to enjoy it...

Thanks for sharing... and the inspiration !
wink.gif

(Glad we just happen to have a half pork loin in the freezer....AND a good local sale on them as well...)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky