Stuck on Steel!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kuch11

Original poster
So, I am in the middle of a build of an old commercial freezer. I have decided to split it into two smoking chambers. Now, I have completely extinguished my stainless steel fund. I went to a local auto parts store and bought two sheets of steel to divide the chambers. My problem is that I dont know if this steel is galvanized. Is Galvanized that bad to have in a smoker (only going 240 degrees)? I found some cheap aluminum, should I use that instead? Any problem solvers out there? Thank you for all your help!!!

I'd use aluminum before I'd ever used galvanized. Galvanized + heat = death. Maybe not but you'll feel like you're dying if you ever breath in fumes from the zinc. Who's to guarantee you won't get a temp spike or hot spot that vaporizes the zinc. It may be a longshot but I wouldn't risk it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky