Storing BBQ Sauce

Discussion in 'Sauces, Rubs & Marinades' started by bassman, Jan 17, 2008.

1. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I made a double batch of Jeff's sauce last Saturday. I have a pretty good sized bowl of it left over. Anyone have any idea how long it can be stored in the fridge? Would it be just as good frozen? Thanks for the help.

Keith

2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We keep it on hand and refridgerated in an empty ketchup bottle ready for whenever we want bbq sauce.

3. smokin for life

smokin for life Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I keep mine in a mason jar in the fridge, to be honest it really doesn't last that long in there. i put it on everything.

4. bassman

Thanks guys! I was just a little concerned because the last couple of days we've had meals with green chili and yesterday my wife made a huge batch of won ton soup. It was beginning to look like I wouldn't have anything to use BBQ sauce on and I sure don't want to throw it out! Keith

5. bbq enthusiast

bbq enthusiast Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

could'nt you "can" the sauce in the mason jars. I made some J.D. sauce and canned it, seems to keep for a long time. But hey what do I know I'm just a newbie![​IMG]

6. bassman

I would probably do that if I had enough to do 9 pints. I would hate to get out the canner just for a couple of pints. Good thought though, I may just have to make more [​IMG] . Keith