Still newbie from N. W. Alabama

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffrow

Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Haleyville, Alabama
Guess the roll call was the last time I posted anything, but I sure have been reading, building and smoking. A fellow fireman brother got me into smoking over a year ago, and after borrowing his homemade smoker, I located me an old LP tank. My son and me have been working on it since late winter, finally finishing it 5 weeks ago. Cleaned and seasoned it the first week-end, smoked the next three week-ends, entered our local KCBS cook off, and pulled another all nighter this last weekend. Yea, my old smoker is and horizontal LP tank, 36 inch by 96 inches. My father-in-law gave me an old Combustion-aire wood heater which we cut and wielded into one end. I made a flow thru design with a full 6 inch steel pipe as the flue rising about 4 feet on the other end. Has two grills inside with around 35 square feet total cooking area. Mounted it on a 8 X 12 trailer making it big, heavy and portable. I got to get my kids to make pictures for ya'll to comment and see.

Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us. I'm looking forward to seeing some qview.
smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky