Sticks Qview

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by craddock, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Jalapeño and Chedder with Cayenne and Crushed Red Pepper

2. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

They look great.................. Nice job...........[​IMG]

3. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Looking good !

Mike

4. reinhard

reinhard Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Realy good looking sticks!! Cheezeee with some kick to it.  Great combination. Reinhard

5. Thanks all. I am really happy with this batch. These are all beef. I was helping a friend make some venison sticks so as long as he had his stuff dirty I picked a 18 lb beef arm in scale. Made this and saved a roast for the Slow cooker. Smoked in an MES 30 in zero degree weather .

6. reinhard

reinhard Master of the Pit OTBS Member

What temp did you use to make these tasty things in the MES 30 and how long did it take? I have smoked in mine as cold as 10 above and it maintained it's temp i set.  Did you have any problems at 0 for a temp? That's what it's been around here and colder. Reinhard

7. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow those look great very nice job.

8. I am in Wisconsin straight east of the Cities so you have an idea of the weather here. I had issues with keeping the AMPNS lit on my first run with it so I opened smoker up in those temps too much. Plus I had excessive time drying before turning up heat for a few reasons. So time was off. Second batch went very quick. I would like to shoot 5 hours. Maybe a bit more if just for me because I like heavy smoke. This batch was in for hours before adding smoke. Frustrating. I will attach a pic of moisture still coming out hours after starting and then the moisture next to the TBS of the amnps a bit later

9. Pics backwards again. I forget to upload in reverse.

10. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

How about adding your location to your profile.....................[​IMG]