stew and beer biscuits

Discussion in 'Beef' started by wanna-be-smoker, Sep 22, 2017.

1. wanna-be-smoker

wanna-be-smoker Smoking Fanatic

VT
    so i smoked a couple steaks with a basic seasoning and then cut it up for a stew. then I cooked some beer biscuits in my smoker. It was very yummy.  Hickory pellets

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Master of the Pit Group Lead

Hey, nice.. cool biscuits.. never knew Duff had a line of biscuits.. did your meat do ok in the stew?

3. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Fanatic

Stew season for us is still a couple of months away. Yours looks really good, and the beer biscuits look intriguing.  Is the biscuits mix a local thing - I've never seen it before.  

Chris

4. wanna-be-smoker

VT
    the meat was cooked with hickory so very mild taste but good. once the biscuits took shape i put them right on the rack in the smoker and I cooked them at 400 degrees so not much smoke anyway. Not sure I found them as a new item on the shelf.

5. Rings Я Us

Oh wow! Smoked biscuits too? I didn't know. Lol cool 😎 that's like me with my pizza in the smoker..

6. wanna-be-smoker

VT
  7. wanna-be-smoker

VT
    the beauty of this pellet grill/smoker. it will smoke from 160-250 and higher( lower temps more smoke higher temps less smoke) and grill up to 400 so it can also be used just like an oven if you so desire

8. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I'll be looking for those biscuits. Looks like yours turned out beautifully.

Gary

9. Rings Я Us

Yeah.. I like the idea of doing those on the smoker too! I think points are in order.. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and 5 out of 5 stars for turning us on to the Duff dough! Thanks..!

:points1:

10. wanna-be-smoker

VT
    they were very good. I was gonna add bacon pieces and shredded cheese but was out of both lol

11. Looks good to me

Gary

12. wanna-be-smoker

VT
    thank you kind sir

13. Rings Я Us

I did some stew on the smoker a few days ago.. was yummy . No biscuits though.

you can see the pot on top.. it's stainless steel and it turned dark from the wood and charcoal smoke. But I dumped the stew in another pot here... and the stainless steel pot did come clean. Lol

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017