Steak and Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Well, this one eluded my posting it since Tuesday.

I was all by my lonesome what with the wife and kids being down at the Mouse's House.
So I decided to keep it real with a solid Steak and Potatoes meal.

A big, thick Chuckie marinated for six hours in a mix of Pineapple/Orange juice and a healthy dash of Worcestershire, then well rinsed, patted dry and dry brined with salt for a few hours.
Then on to a blazing hot grill for a heavy charring with a couple of huge Jalepenos to keep it company.
Pulled it at 145° and it was pretty darned tender, tasty and satisfying.

4Mt8TTU.jpg

I also made some really nice Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Squash, Zucchini and Onion with lots of fresh Rosemary, Sage and Thyme.

wXnwy4A.jpg

The Money Shot

OabUbAb.jpg

Chili you do treat yourself pretty well,that looks great the Jalapeno may be to much for this old man. Likes
Richie

Chili you do treat yourself pretty well,that looks great the Jalapeno may be to much for this old man. Likes
Richie
looks nice there John ...point strong
Awesome looking meal!
Al
Top notch meal there John, I could eat that meal a couple times a week! Very nice!
My thanks to all y'all for the replies, compliments and Likes, too kind really.

My first time trying the Chuckie as a steak, glad I took the time to tenderize it two ways.
It really turned it into a steak worthy a repeat performance.

That seems like a very filling meal! Nothing better then a big hunk of beef when your left home alone!

Thats a meal fit for a king. Love chuck steaks here.

My kind of meal. Steak and potatoes. Pretty hard to beat that.
I'm afraid I'll have to join Richie and Bear--that's just toooo much jalapeno for this child.
Gary
Thanks Gary,
Yes'sir steak/taters a real meal that's hard to beat.
Man, them lil'ol Jalepenos can't hurt anybody.

Also, sorry for the late reply, not ignoring, notifications not making to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky