Steak and fries, a cooks meal.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fired up

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 12, 2008
Indianapolis,Indiana
I came up with this recipe several years ago when I was hungry at the restaurant I worked in but didnt really have time to make anything. I happened to have some small ribeye scraps from cutting a bunch of steaks so I threw some on the grill and dropped some fries in the fryer. I started eating them as is when I saw a bottle of balsamic vinegar reduction so I put some of that on it and some parmesan cheese. It has become a favorite of my family's and for a lot of cooks that have worked for me over the years. I know it is not smoked but it could be and it does not get much easier than this.

grilled or smoked sliced ribeye steak
french fries
parmesan cheese
balsamic vinegar reduction or glaze

Not the best looking dish I must say but it sure is tasty!

Thanks for looking!

Brad

I know how it is working in a restaurant, sometimes you don't have much time and just toss a few things together and come up with something great!
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Looks mighty tasty Brad...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

funny how we come up with things in the kitchen that would never sell but are sometimes better than anything on the menu.........looks good!

Your right it's not real pretty but I'm sure it does taste good. Just goes to show you food doesn't have to be pretty but I will say it helps to be good.

Nice! Spur-of-the-moment and high pressure/stress situations or time constraints seem to bring out the best creativity in many great cooks...that right there is a prime example...no recipe needed, keep it simple and it will always be good eating.

Definately a treat!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Eric

never worked in a restraunt or anything like that but i know up at elk camp you come dragging butt in from a hard day packing in or hunting, and its getting dark, and everyone is starving.... seems ya throw something together totally off the wall and sometimes it turns out so dang good you got to do it again!!! its how great recipies are born i spose. thks for sharing!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Try the Balsamic reduction on pizza! I kid you not, have a squeeze bottle of the stuff ready to go every time I order (and for almost everything else)!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky