St. Louis Spare Ribs and Smoked Potato Salad

Discussion in 'Pork' started by 5oclocksomewher, Sep 8, 2014.

1. It's been a little while since I had ribs and I was thinking about them for a while, so I just fired up the chargriller and threw on some ribs and potatoes.

disco likes this.
  2. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

3. One hour into smoke and cruising along at 275. Spritzed with ACV/AJ.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  4. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Got a weally nice start on them , I'll hang for the finish . . .[​IMG].

Later . . .

5. Thanks Stan. I thought you'd be busy with your man cave project. It's lookin good.

6. Two hours into smoke. Spritzed ribs again and time to take potatoes off.

7. c farmer

What ya doing with the taters?

8. Smoked potato salad. After having it smoked, I can't have it any other way.

9. Ribs 3 hours in. Spritzed again. Smoked potato salad is done. Still smoking in 275 area. IT on the ribs is about 170 with my Thermapen. I like to take them to about 195 IT. Probably another hour or so befor finished. Buster, my faithful smoking companion is waiting patiently.

10. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

awesome looking as usual.....looks like I gotta smoke me up some taters now....YUM......good job.....Willie

11. Thanks so much Willie. I love smoked potato salad. The smoke flavor just takes it to a whole new level.

12. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking meal!

Disco

13. Thanks Disco. Four hours in, IT around low 180's. One more hour should do it.

14. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Dang, it would take me longer than that to get there. Have a sip with your ribs for me.

15. 4 1/2 hours in. Ribs sauced. It took a little longer than I thought. The pit temp dropped. I'm trying new charcoal, Stubbs all natural. It's ok, but Kingsford Competition briquettes is what works best in my pit. I should have stuck with it. Oh well, smoke and learn.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  16. Five Hours.... Ribs Done!!!

17. Oh man....life is good!!!

c farmer likes this.
  18. Perfect Bite Thru!!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  19. c farmer

Looks perfect.

20. Thanks so much Adam.....was very pleased with the end product. The last few times I haven't wrapped my ribs, and I think they turn out better for me that way.